Pandemic 2 is a disease game that allows more flexibility in creating a ebola-like plague, including whether you want to be a bacteria, parasite or virus. Each disease has its own strengths and weaknesses. Note: See below game for instructions and tips. (And be sure to use hand sanitizer when you’re done playing.)
Pandemic 2 Strategies:
- It’s best to sell your first symptom right at the beginning, because you want your visibility to be extremely low. Set your first transmission vector to “Airborne.” Then set the speed to “fast” and lay low while you accumulate disease points. It may take a little while, but you can infect several countries this way without moving to the more infectious — but more visible — symptoms.
- The more evolution points you have, the more effective your disease will be when you mutate and begin your attack.
- When you get several evolution points, use them to max out the resistance for the region you started in. If you have enough points remaining, go ahead and buy all the transmission vectors.
- Don’t focus on drug resistance until a little later in the game.You won’t need more than level 1 drug resistance unless humans start developing an effective vaccine.
- Once a vaccine has been successfully deployed, no one else will become infected or die from your disease.
- Madagascar has very little traffic and is the toughest country to infect, but if you start there (which sometimes requires hitting Refresh to restart the game) you should be able to infect the rest of the world. If Madagascar shuts down its ports before getting infected, you won’t be able to infect the world. You may find it helpful to set Rodents as one of your first transmission vectors, because rodents are often found aboard ships.
Pandemic 2 Cheats: At present, there are no known cheats. A few have been reported, such as naming your bacteria “morethanacolditis,” but these appear to have no effect on the game. The best “cheat” is to restart the game until you begin with Madagascar as your first infected country.